Friday, April 13, 2012

Yoga and a Veggie Wrap

Today has been just about perfect!  Work was good, my exercise was great, and everything I have eaten today just seems to be so tasty!

I prepared myself for my workout as soon as I got dressed this morning.  I spent all day in comfy yoga clothes, one of the joys of working from home.  :)  After I finished getting some much needed work done, I popped in Tony Horton's P90X Yoga. 

I felt so flexible, so relaxed, and just content after my 1 1/2 hour workout

I was very hungry after my workout and cooked up some mushrooms, sweet peppers, garlic and spinach.  I sauteed them until they were nicely cooked and warmed to perfection.  I then plopped them on a tortilla, cut up some white cheddar cheese to melt on top, and the rest is history!

There was a giant blob of cheese in one section, and I didn't mind a bit.  :) 

Just look at the beauty.

That's one happy girl!

Goodness, I just cannot express how great I feel after doing yoga!  I finally was able to do crane position for the entire minute.  I still can't quite hold wheel, and plow is frankly uncomfortable to me.  I absolutely love all the vinyasas at the beginning of the workout.  In that whole 40ish minutes, I burned 200 calories.  Those of you that have done this workout know that's just the beginning.  I feel like a P90X Yoga session is really 3 or 4 varieties of yoga (I know that's likely incorrect terminology). After vinyasas (full of downward dogs, Warrior 1-3, twisting poses, triangle poses...) we go into balance postures, then on the floor stretching, then yoga belly x (ab workouts) and finish with a crowd pleaser of child's pose, fetal pose, corpse pose and Ohms. Ah! I feel good!  I burned 300 calories in the 1 1/2 hour workout.

Have you ever tried P90X Yoga?  What's your favorite part?  Your least favorite?  Any recommendations on other Yoga DVD's?

No comments:

Post a Comment