Tuesday, April 24, 2012

3AM Wake Up!

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.  Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Swimming. Swimming. Swimming!


That was my mantra this morning when my alarm rang at 3am, then again at 3:10am, again at 3:15am and one last RING RING RING at 3:20am.  OK, I am up!


I opened my eyes as Neal got up to take his shower and SWOOSH! Walden was in the bed licking my face saying, "Happy Morning Mom!  Time to play, eat, and play some more!"  Isn't that just wonderful :) (sarcasm).


We had to wake up early because Neal had to leave the house at 4am.  While most people in my position would roll over and reset their alarm for a later time, I decided I would get up!  I knew I had a e-mail from yesterday that I hadn't read yet in my inbox from the girls at Tone it Up and decided that would be my motivation to get moving.  By golly it sure was!  Read it here!  I put on some yoga pants, laced up my kicks and did their Under the Sea workout.  It is such a fun & happy go be it workout, perfect for a morning pick me up - or as the Tone it Up girls say a "Booty Call".  :)  I burned 120 calories in 30 minutes.  To find out more about the "Booty Call" workout, check out THIS POST.


During the beginning of my workout the dogs were very hyper, full of energy.  They think anytime I lace up my sneakers and put on my heart rate monitor it means a walk or a jog with them.  Excuse me mutts, but have you seen the time!?  It's barely 4am, 50 some odd degrees outside, and dark.  I am terrified of the dark, I mean stone cold terrified at times!  Towards the end of my workout, I was able to get Walden to sit or lay beside me, and Sasha laid down in the corner of the room.  They are adorable, what more can I say?


Finally, my favorite part of any day arrived...breakfast time!  This morning I made a Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait.

Ingredients


1 Serving of Plain Greek Yogurt (6oz)
2 Tablespoons Pumpkin
1 Spoonful of Honey
2/3 Cup Kashi Cinnamon Crumble Go Lean Crisp!

This was seriously delicious!  I love that the Greek yogurt fills me up, but I don't love it plain.  Adding pumpkin and honey are great ways to get the right amount of flavor with a little sweetness and no unnecessary sugars.  The Cinnamon Crumbles were the icing on the cake. They don't contain unneeded sugars and are sweetened with cinnamon.  They really do remind me of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, only they are made with more whole grains and less sugar!  This was perfection! 

It was still only about 5am when I finished breakfast, so I decided to do some Pinning on Pinterest (follow me here), get clean with a refreshing shower, and write this post!  It's about 6:15am and I am off to grab a coffee from the gas station (I broke our carafe and we had to order replacement...Opps!) and start working!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!  Are you as bubbly as I am after an early morning workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment