Exhausted by staring at a computer for so long, I attempt to write to you about this lovely sandwich I made for lunch.
This Veggie Burger with Egg & Spinach was fabulous!
1 Whole Wheat English Muffin
1 Morning Star Sirloin Patty (or burger patty of choice)
Drizzle of Olive Oil
1 1/2 Cups Spinach
1 Slice Swiss Cheese
Sprinkle of Black Pepper and another of Garlic Salt
Butter - enough to lightly spread on the muffins
You should try this yourself!
- First, heat a small - medium sized skillet with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Prepare your veggie burger patty on a separate skillet or in the microwave.
- Add your spinach to your warmed skillet with olive oil and add black pepper and garlic salt to season. Saute/make it wilt. Then break up the cheese into pieces and mix that with the spinach. Once it's well mixed, put your spinach mixture aside.
- Drop an egg onto that same hot skillet and cook it over medium. If you don't want runny eggs, cook it longer or make an X in the middle of the yolk to break it half way through.
- Toast your English muffins and butter them.
- Layer your warmed veggie patty, egg, then spinach onto your English muffins
Your perfect lunch (or dinner) is served!
This kept me full and satisfied for a long time. The little bit of butter and garlic salt added the perfect amount of salty flavor to this mix, and I just love having an egg on my sandwich for extra protein and flavor!
What's one of your favorite cooked at home lunches?