Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekly Dinner Post 4.22.12 - 4.26.12

I am so excited about two of this weeks meals because they use one of my all time favorite ingredients- PESTO!  I am obsessed with Pesto!  I think it's so yummy and flavorful, especially when you add pine nuts and garlic to the mix. I love homemade pesto!  My basil plant is too small right now to make pesto, but I have a can of pesto I bought earlier this year. I promise to post about my homemade pesto when I make some later this spring/summer.


So here's what's for dinner.


  • Monday - Chicken Fajitas
  • Tuesday - Southwestern Chicken or Turkey (not sure yet) salad with homemade Pesto Ranch Dressing
  • Wednesday - Burgers on the grill!
  • Thursday - Pesto Shrimp Pasta with Artichoke Hearts and Roasted Red Peppers
YUM!  I am excited to share some of these recipes with you all!


Have a happy week!  I leave you with pictures of my yummy lunch this afternoon.

Ingredients
1 Small Tortilla Wrap (Multi-Grain Artisan)
3 Small Sweet Peppers chopped up
2-3 Handfuls of Spinach
Ham - about one slice
Feta cheese - a nice sprinkling :)

To make this, saute your peppers for about 2 min over medium heat.  Then add your spinach and saute until slightly wilted.  Add in the ham to get it warm.  Heat up your tortilla in the microwave.  Or if you are super fancy, heat it on the stove in another pan!  Then put your spinach mix on your tortilla, sprinkle with feta cheese, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment