Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ginger and Cilantro Bake Tilapia courtesy Pinterest/TheKitchn.com

Last week my husband and I tried something new and now I absolutely love this Ginger and Cilantro baked tilapia!

It was SO good that I put it on my menu again this week!

I found the recipe on Pinterest and it lead me to this great website... www.thekitchn.com.  I found a lot of really great articles on here.  I am sure I will share more dishes I have tried!

It's tasty and simple!  Here's the link to the original post.

I left out the jalapeno pepper, only because I didn't have one at the house, and switch the sesame oil for extra virgin olive oil, again only because I didn't have any at the house.  Doesn't it look yummy!?



Ingredients I used
5 small tilapia fillets (we used frozen ones) - about 3/4 pound
5 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon ginger (I bought the tube of pre-grated to try this time)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup white wine
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Scallions, chopped for garnish
Extra cilantro, to garnish
Salt and Pepper

Heat the oven to 475ºF. Pat the fish dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish.
Put garlic cloves, ginger, soy sauce, white wine, olive oil, and cilantro in my food processor until blended. Pour the sauce over the fish, rubbing it in a little. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through (took us almost 12 minutes).

Instead of serving with a side of rice, we served it with a side of fresh asparagus. That keeps out some of the carbs.  My husband likes to kick out most unnecessary carbs except 1 day a week.


How We Make Asparagus

Ingredients
Water
Asparagus
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic
Fresh Grated Parmesan

Bring water to a boil on your stove top.  In the meantime, wash and cut your asparagus into more bite sized pieces.  Boil the asparagus for 2 minutes and drain.  Put your asparagus into another bowl, drizzle on your olive oil, and toss.  Toss in fresh grated garlic (or a few teaspoons of garlic that comes in the jar), and grate the heck out of a block of Parmesan.  Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment