Thursday, May 17, 2012

Good Morning Beautiful!

Ahhhhh! I love the way early morning workouts make me feel!  I have a sense of collected calm knowing I don't have to try to find time for a workout after work.   I also enjoy the energy I get from working out early.  I feel awake and motivated to start my day!  One thing I am still working on, however, is that dragging feeling I get in the middle of the day around 2pm.  It seems like every time I do a morning workout, I am actually MORE tired by the end of the workday...maybe it's because I don't have a workout to look forward to that motivates me to get my work finished...hmmm  I will have to remember this!

Neal's alarm buzzed, and buzzed, and buzzed, and buzzed until finally at 5am, after the alarm being put to sleep multiple times, I decided to get up! At first I was just going to shower, make breakfast, and start working before my 8am dentist appointment.  Then, I realized this was an opportune time to do a workout!  I know if I started working, I would be all riled up and antsy to get back to work while at the dentist, and that's something I don't want to be with sharp cleaning objects in my mouth.  So I leashed up the dogs and took them for a 15 min easy jog. 

Sasha and Walden were the HAPPIEST mutts when I put their leashes on this morning! I just love the adorable smile Sasha gets when she's excited!  I need to capture a good picture of her and her happy puppy face, but she's just too excited when I try to take pictures of her smiling and they all look like a blur of fur. Instead, here's a cute picture of both our mutts looking mischievous :)

After our jog, I tried a new DVD, "Billy Banks Taebo Insane Abs, my sweet friend Kellie gave me for my birthday.  It was about 40 some minutes of standing and floor abs! It said you could burn up to 800 calories or more, but I must have not worked hard enough because with my jog included, I only burned about 448 caloriesWhich I think is great, but no where near 800! 



I followed up my workout with some super yummy steel cut oats, strawberries, and honey!

Today started out beautiful, and is ending in just the same manner!

No comments:

Post a Comment