Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Celebration Continues...!

Where have I been!? 

I have neglected you!?

I have been busy, that's all!  These 50 hour work weeks and visits to see friends and family have taken up my free time.  Not all of it's been too bad either.  I have been getting overtime (we are saving up for a big purchase!), I have gotten to see people I only see a few times a year, and I have been traveling!  I have stayed busy! 

I didn't get to finish up posting about my Birthday celebrations, which were fabulous, so I wanted to wrap all of that up!

Neal and I made an awesome Birthday dinner of Sweet Potato Hash Browns and Coconut-Breaded Chicken.


My friends, Lars & Danielle, made me the MOST spectacular Chocolate Cheesecake!  I ended up making some berry sauce to go along with this by heating up berries and a little corn starch on the stove top (not pictured).



Early May is Starbucks Happy Hour with 1/2 Price Frappucinos.  I got to go twice!  The photo below is from the first time.  Neal ordered the Chocolate Cookie Frappucino and I ordered a White Chocolate Mocha Frappucino with a shot of Raspberry.  Mmmmmm!  Served with a spectacular coffee cake.

Oh yes, and you know what else happens in early May?  CINCO DE MAYO!  Neal, Lars, Danielle and I celebrated twice.  The first time at a Mexican Restaurant, and the 2nd time at our house with homemade fresh fruit margaritas!  So super yum!
 



I traveled to East Tennessee to hang out with friends and family.  I got an AWESOME copper bracelet that my friend hand crafted for me.  My father and his girlfriend picked up a cookie cake, and we got to watch "We Bought a Zoo", all on my first night in town!



I have been enjoying my time in East Tennessee.  I love the weather here and I just love being at my dad's house.  Who wouldn't want to wake up to this every day?!


I hope you are having a terrific week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment