Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dear Gym, I missed you... Sincerely, Tamara Lee

Dear Gym,

I missed you.  I neglected our sweet friendship.  Have mercy on me. 

Sincerely,

Tamara Lee

I cannot remember the last time I went to the gym.  Was the last time really when I did my 45 minutes of cycling?  That was AT LEAST a month ago!  Shame. Shame. Shame on me. 

I haven't neglected working out in all totality,  I simply haven't been doing my workouts at the gym and I also haven't been posting all my workouts lately.  I will update my weekly workout wrap-ups at the end of this week.  It's okay that I haven't posted as much.  I am admittedly no where near perfect, but I do enjoy posting and will get into the groove of it again!

I have jumped back on board with the Tone it Up girls.  I have planned my workouts ahead for the week and I have done an alright job sticking to their workout suggestions. 

Today I started out with a 30 minute run/walk, doing half of the run at a slower pace with the dogs and the other half doing sprint intervals.  I burned a total of 293 calories.  Post work, I did 2 rounds of their Sunkissed Abs routine burning about 50 calories.  The workouts didn't end there!  Once Neal got off work, we went to the gym for a 45 minute workout.  Sadly, my heart rate monitor came unhooked while doing preacher curls, I was only able to guesstimate that I burned about 200 calories

As previously stated, I haven't gone to the gym in a while.  It felt so nice to go back, even if I do thoroughly enjoy running outside with the dogs and doing at home workouts and workout videos.  It's easy to become a hermit when I work at home...by myself...8-10 hours a day.  I sometimes have to remind myself to me social, even if that means just going to a public place like the gym where few people talk to others as most are consumed in their own workout.  

Our workout was short and sweet.  It looked roughly like the following

 (I plan on getting a better copy of this in here once I can use the desktop rather than this laptop...Neal is playing a new video game now on our desktop...joy!)

I am off to make dinner!  Happy Hump Day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment