Saturday, May 5, 2012

First Mountain Athlete Workout

I just finished trying my first Mountain Athlete workout!  Well...sorta...I did a variation of their Free Training Session 1 and it was pretty awesome!  I was going to try to go to the gym and do this, but I have a baby shower I have to start getting ready for!

You may or may not remember me talking about trying their workouts a little while back on my blog post about climbing the Grand Teton. It's getting closer and I can't wait!

I don't have a barbell, but I do have free weights, so I improvised and I substituted with my version.  The workout I was able to do at our house looked something like this:

Warm Up by doing this 4 times
Barbell Complex (watch video here) I substituted a bar bell with two 13lb free weights...I would have liked a bar bell for sure!
Instep Stretch (I call this runners stretch)

5 Rounds of these exercises without breaks in between exercise and 30 second break between rounds:
2x Power Clean + Push Press with my 13lb free weights, one in each hand (video here)...again I really needed a bar bell
3x Mantis (video here)

5 Rounds of these exercises without breaks in between exercise and 30 second break between rounds:.
6x Front Squats, each round with my 13 lb free weights
3x Jump Squats - no weights
3x Shoulder Scare Crow (video here)

5 Rounds of these exercises without breaks in between exercise and 30 second break between rounds:
10x Kettlebell Floor Press with my 13lb free weights again (video here)
10 Pull-ups (I have to put a foot on the chair b/c I can only do 1 or 2 without assistance :-/ )

STRETCH!!!

Well that was my workout!  It was pretty fun!  I want to try it in the gym with a barbell!  It took me bout 40 min (mostly because I was learning the moves and altering them for free weights over the bar bell) and I burned about 200 calories!

Have you tried any new workouts you recommend!?

No comments:

Post a Comment