Sunday, May 20, 2012

Game Night & Burgers on the Barbie!

Thank goodness for good friends and the weekend!  Last night's cookout and game night was a great success, very nice! (You have to say that with the Borat voice!)

Lars and Danielle joined us for some super yummy burgers & corn on the barbie, fresh salad, and homemade sangria!  Lars and Danielle (as Danielle says mostly Lars) crafted the yummy burgers and concocted the Sangria earlier in the day to let the drink soak up the flavors of apple, lime, lemon, strawberries, and other fruit!

Neal and Lars did the "Tamara" poses to mock how I always point or give a thumbs up in all my photos!  Thanks guys.

Neal made some awesome melted butter to brush on the grilled corn.  He mixes warmed butter with spices like pepper and Cayenne to give the sweet corn a swift kick. 

I contributed with a crowd pleasing salad...well maybe not the whole crowd since Neal opted to pass on my greens :(  Lars, Danielle and myself enjoyed my mix of fresh greens, red pepper, shredded carrots, feta cheese and homemade balsamic dressing. 

Homemade Salad Dressing

To make fresh and what I consider healthy dressing, you mix 2 parts balsamic to 1 part olive oil, some fresh ground sea salt, pepper and garlic to taste.  I do this in a small Tupperware container so I can easily put the lid on and shake. 


Following our fantastic dinner, we played lot of board games.  Apples to Apples, Taboo and Cranium were all played.

We noticed the cards that each of us one in Apples to Apples really described our personalities quite well!  However, since my memory is failing me, I can't recall our exact cards, just that we all had a hoot when we realized how much our cards resembled our personalities.  Danielle's cards were all those in the "sweet and kind category", Neal's were in what I will call "responsible" category with words like 'Important' and 'Tame', Lars had one card that was 'Naive', and mine were words like 'Nasty' and 'Dirty'...that's not me! ;)

Our friends Heather and Travis joined us later in the evening as we continued our game night.  I am ashamed to say that the boys kicked the ladies butts in Cranium!  I mean just murdered us!  Look at that board.  We were only half-way through when the boys pulled a solid victory!

After that, we did mixed teams in Taboo.  It was a close game, but Neal, Danielle and I pulled out a win against Heather, Lars and Travis!

I had such a great, and very late, night!  I just love the weekends!

Do you have a crowd pleasing game we should try?

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! And thanks for posting the salad dressing! The recipe is easy, healthy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete