There's many reasons people choose to do early morning workouts.
- Get it out of the way
- Start that metabolism going
- My trainers told me to
- I like doing two a days
- I have a lot of energy
- You could burn more calories
- It may help you eat better
- Your head may be cleared so you can think better and be more productive
- and the list could continue
With my job, I am allowed to start working between 5 & 10 am. It's pretty incredible and really flexible. Typically, I prefer to be at work by 6:30am at the latest. Since I am not required to take a lunch break of an hour, I normally finish working by 3pm. That's pretty freaking awesome! However, when I workout in the mornings, it takes me longer to get to work. I typically get to the gym between 5:30-6am and workout for around an hour (so now it's 7:15am). By the time I am back home, have breakfast cooked and have showered, it's nearly 8-8:30 before I start working. Today, it's going to be 9 because I wanted to write this post.
I know, woe is me, but working until 5 when I know I could be done at 3 kills me. Now, I know I could just not do the #BootyCall workouts with Tone it Up, but then I would feel obligated to do as they say and run an extra mile in the evenings. Umm, no thanks! :)
In order to stay focused and keep up an early morning workout routine in the future, I need to realize a few things
- It's not the end of the world to work until 5pm, most jobs require you to do this! Also, I could get more efficient about my morning routines to get to work earlier.
- If I workout in the morning on an empty stomach I am BURNING STORED CALORIES! That's exciting to me! Rather than burning off calories from lunch or a snack if I were to workout at night, I am burning stored fat!
- I am SUPER ENERGIZED and that energy typically brings me through to the end of the workday
- I know I have already done something to show my body some love :)
|My AM Workout of 30 minutes - Sweat Dripping Treadmill Rush|
|Let the Beet Drop! 3 Beets, 2 Apples, & 1 Lemon|