Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Why an AM Workout?

Why do an early morning workout?

There's many reasons people choose to do early morning workouts.
  • Get it out of the way
  • Start that metabolism going
  • My trainers told me to
  • I like doing two a days
  • I have a lot of energy
  • You could burn more calories
  • It may help you eat better
  • Your head may be cleared so you can think better and be more productive
  • and the list could continue
So why do I actually do an early morning workout?  Currently, my only motivation to do early morning workouts at this point is because it's what Karena & Katrina from Tone It Up have as the workout plan for the Love Your Body Series.

With my job, I am allowed to start working between 5 & 10 am.  It's pretty incredible and really flexible.  Typically, I prefer to be at work by 6:30am at the latest.  Since I am not required to take a lunch break of an hour, I normally finish working by 3pm.  That's pretty freaking awesome! However, when I workout in the mornings, it takes me longer to get to work.  I typically get to the gym between 5:30-6am and workout for around an hour (so now it's 7:15am).  By the time I am back home, have breakfast cooked and have showered, it's nearly 8-8:30 before I start working.  Today, it's going to be 9 because I wanted to write this post. 

I know, woe is me, but working until 5 when I know I could be done at 3 kills me.  Now, I know I could just not do the #BootyCall workouts with Tone it Up, but then I would feel obligated to do as they say and run an extra mile in the evenings.  Umm, no thanks! :)

In order to stay focused and keep up an early morning workout routine in the future, I need to realize a few things
  1. It's not the end of the world to work until 5pm, most jobs require you to do this! Also, I could get more efficient about my morning routines to get to work earlier.
  2. If I workout in the morning on an empty stomach I am BURNING STORED CALORIES! That's exciting to me!  Rather than burning off calories from lunch or a snack if I were to workout at night, I am burning stored fat!
  3. I am SUPER ENERGIZED and that energy typically brings me through to the end of the workday
  4. I know I have already done something to show my body some love :)
Now I will leave you with a few pics of my morning:

My AM Workout of 30 minutes - Sweat Dripping Treadmill Rush
 
Let the Beet Drop!  3 Beets, 2 Apples, & 1 Lemon


 
Do you workout in the mornings?  If so, why?  If not, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment