Monday, January 28, 2013

Meal Planning, Fajitas are Back!

What’s for dinner this week?

Neal and I have planned out four delicious & simple meals this week.  I am excited to have fajitas on the menu again!  For a while, they were an almost weekly thing, but Neal, understandably, had gotten a little tired with them so I haven’t had any in 2 or 3 weeks.
This weeks meals include:
Chicken Fajitas
Italian Beef - Crock pot
Fish with Garlic Curry Cauliflower
Fillet Mignon, Asparagus & Baked Potato (Neal's Man Meal!)
 

Chicken Fajitas - Serves 4
Marinate your Chicken
  • 1.5lbs chicken
  • 1 t Cumin
  • 2 t Chili Powder
  • 1 t Paprika
  • Dash of Salt
  • Garlic, minced - to your taste (more is better in my opinion!)
  • 1 T Olive Oil
  • Drop of Liquid Smoke
  • 2oz Lime Juice - squeeze to your taste
Cut your veggies
  • 1 Green Pepper, sliced
  • 1 Onion, sliced
  • Optional:  Mushrooms, Tomato, any other veggies your heart desires!
To Cook
  • Put a skillet on Medium heat, add in your chicken.  While your chicken cooks, add in a little Creole seasoning for even more flavor. 
  • Once chicken is cooked, add in your veggies and cook for another 3-5 minutes
  • Serve with your toppings of choice on a whole wheat tortilla!
My favorite toppings
  • Avocado
  • Shredded Lettuce
  • Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
  • Cheese (Mexican, Goat, Feta, whatever you desire, I like to keep it interesting!)
Italian Beef - Crock Pot Style - Can Adjust Servings
Getting Ready for Dinner! mmm

Get the recipe we are trying here.
Neal is having his with Cibatta Bun and I may have that, or with Ezekiel Bread (FINALLY Fresh Market had some in stock so I got the Cinnamon Raisin & Original!!!

Fish with Garlic Curry Cauliflower
  • Fish = Take fish (tilapia is easy).  2 containers, 1 w/ 1 egg mixed up, another w/ Lemon Pepper Seasoning and finely crushed pecans.  Dip fish in egg and then into Lemon Pepper Seasoning mixture.  Cook on the stove top over medium heat (about 3 minutes each side). 
    • Want something easier?  Simply put your fish on the stove top with a little oil or butter, sprinkle on your favorite seasoning, cook about 3 minutes.  Flip your fish, sprinkle on your seasoning and cook another 3 minutes!
  • PB Fingers: Ginger Curry Cauliflower
Fillet Mignon, Asparagus & Baked Potato (Neal's Man Meal!)
For Neal's Birthday, he received some Omaha Steaks along with some of their Baked Potatoes, so we are going to cook those up and make some yummy asparagus!

Asparagus
  • Water - enough that will cover your asparagus
  • Asparagus
  • 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
  • Fresh Grated Parmesan - to your tasting

To Cook
  • Bring water to a boil on your stove top.
  • In the meantime, wash and cut your asparagus into more bite sized pieces
  • Boil the asparagus for 2 minutes and drain.
  • Put your asparagus into another bowl, drizzle on your olive oil, and toss. Toss in fresh grated garlic (or a few teaspoons of garlic that comes in the jar), and grate the heck out of a block of Parmesan.
  • Serve!
*************************************************************************

The Rest of my Monday consisted of eating yummy foods, working, and putting in 6.5 miles at the gym doing the super hard, Crush Cardio from Tone it Up!

Breakfast of Greek Yogurt with Cinnamon, Maca Powder & homemade Vanilla mixed in, Organic Pumpkin Flax Granola, & walnuts.  This was around 6am.


 
9am hit and I was hungry again, so I cut up a baby apple into really thin slices, sprinkled it with cinnamon and made a shot glass of 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter & 1 Tablespoon Greek yogurt!  SO GOOD!

 
I had a meeting at noon, & I knew I was going to be hungry since it was scheduled to last an hour.  I made a quick salad of romaine lettuce, black beans, shredded carrot, red onion, avocado and truffle oil/white wine vinegar dressing with chives, salt & pepper. 
 
After my meeting ended, I was still hungry, so I mixed up a Chocolate Covered Raspberry protein shake.  YUM!

 
I put in 10 hours at work today - gee wiz, hello Monday!  After work, Neal & I headed to the gym where he worked out with his partner and I hit up the treadmill for a little over an hour.  I did the Tone It Up Crush Cardio Routine.  Let me tell you, it's a killer, but it's an awesome routine to pack on miles & get in some sprint intervals!

I now have less than 20 miles for my #100ByVDay!!!

 

I definitely felt this workout.  It's rather exhausting for me still.  I did some great stretching and ab work afterwards before coming back home.  Neal cooked up some fajitas while I wrote most of this post.  I am getting ready to call it a night!  I hope you have a great week!

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment