Monday, September 24, 2012

The First Menu Monday

This is the start of Menu Monday where I will be sharing with you the meals I plan on preparing for my husband and myself this week.  We normally plan about 4 meals for the work week, and we almost always make leftovers to enjoy on the 5th day or to take to work.  This week's menu will only consist of TWO meals prepared by me.  I know that's not much, but we only have 3 days we will be home this week.  We will be spending time with my mother and her fiancé as they are going to be getting married!
(See the post on the cute invites we made her here)
 
Monday & Wednesday - Chicken Spectacular 
  • 4 Cups cooked chicken, diced
  • 1 box long grain wild rice, cooked
  • 1 can French style green beans, juice included
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 can water chestnuts
  • 1 small can of pimentos
  • 1 medium diced onion 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients in a 13x9" pan. Cook 20-30 minutes.


before baking/stirring
after baking
Yes, it's that simple, and that yummy! If you have any suggestions on how to cut out the cream of soups, let me know and I would be interested in trying! I have considered switching the cream of chicken soup out with my favorite, neufenchel cheese, but that's probably not healthier either!
 
Tuesday - Salmon, sweet potato, and asparagus.
 
The original post on parmesan asparagus can be found here in my blog. I will post about how I cook the salmon the day I make it since I haven't decided yet on how I want to cook the meal.
 
Thursday - some sort of airport food!
 
Friday - Italian food by one of my mom's friends who owns an amazing Italian Restaurant in Miami, FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment