Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Braelyn's Mountain / Woodland Themed Nursery

There are locations all of us visit that hold special places in our hearts.  For some, it may be grandma's house, the little ocean town your family went to nearly every summer, perhaps it's a park you played at as a child or even with your own children.  For me, the mountains hold a special place in my heart.  My particular mountains are those found out in Wyoming, the Grand Tetons. 

When I think of these beautiful mountains, with their rough and pointy peaks which seem to pop out of the land with power and authority, I am humbled.  God was at work in these mountains.  He was at work in my heart when I lived near these mountains.  They are forever special.

When I thought about how I wanted to decorate our little one's room, I knew I wanted to bring some of what inspires me the most to our little bundle.  I hope she grows up with a curious spirit that allows her to explore the great outdoors.

For my inspiration on Braelyn's Mountain / Woodland Themed Nursery, check out this post.

And now for what I've been dying to share with you, Braelyn's nursery / our guest room!!!










Every single piece of art that's hanging on the wall is either in a stud, or anchor, some even both!  Neal took extra care in making sure things were sturdy.  

Want Digs Like Braelyn?  Here's Where to Go!

  • The dresser and crib are from Ikea.  I changed the dresser by putting white wall vinyl on the drawers and getting knobs from Hobby Lobby that I spray painted gold!
  • The pillows on the bed are from Hobby Lobby, except the front long pillow, I made that, see how in this post.
  • The curtains, chevron blanket on the bed, both rugs (faux sheep skin and striped), are from Home Goods/TJ Maxx.
  • Above her dresser, the wolf head is from Home Goods.  The two frames are from Hobby Lobby.  The art in them is from Etsy, you can still find the gold fox print (and other great prints) from Mint Peony Designs and the moose head is also from Etsy, White Faux Taxidermy.
  • To the left of the dresser are black and gold antlers found at Hobby Lobby.  They are holding my Planet Wise Wet/Dry bag (for cloth diapering).  I also got a similar bag in "Oh My Deer", both from Amazon.
  • On top of her dresser is the Summer Infant Contour Changing Pad from Target (yes, still waiting on the cover to arrive!), the Squirrel is a stuffed animal from a local children's store in downtown Newburgh, IN that Neal and I picked up after our first ultrasound, and the little fox moccisans are from Starry Knight Designs on Etsy, which we picked up during our vacation in Montana at a baby store in downtown Whitefish!
  • The glider is the Babyletto Madison Glider in Ecru, you can find it on Amazon.  To me, it's the perfect size for our small space.  There wasn't a lot of room since we had a queen size bed to work around!
  • The pillow sitting on the chair, "Oh Baby It's a Wild World", is from Cut4You on Etsy.
  • The book, "Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots" (a gift from my in-laws to Braelyn when we went to Montana this summer) sits on a custom made table, I took a $9 table from Michaels, spray painted it gold, and screwed a slab of wood across the top.
  • To the right of the chair, peeking out behind the curtain is a cute little bear Neal and I picked up at a craft show in Whitefish, MT on vacation this summer.
  • Above the chair is a bear head, another White Faux Taxidermy design that I mounted on a round wooden piece I purchased at Michael's and painted gold and black.  To the left of that is a very special note from my father and his girlfriend Kim along with a token she kept with her while serving in Iraq.
  • Beside the guest bed is a custom art work I made "The Mountains Are Calling and I Must Go", which is my favorite saying.  I used an old cabinet door we salvaged from Neal's parent's house when they were remodeling.  Underneath the art work is a banner I made from tying ribbons together that I purchase for less than $8 at Hobby Lobby.
  • Braelyn's crib skirt and crib sheets were made by me.  You can get the fabric for the foxes here and for the arrows, here.  If you don't want to make them, the arrows are normally available on a few different people's Etsy websites in crib skirt, fitted sheet, changing pad covers etc.
  • Above Braelyn's crib is a photo of Neal and myself printed on wood.  Our photographer was Scott Wilson out of Kalispell, MT.  The print was done by PhotoBarn.
  • The mobile was custom made by myself and my wonderful friend, Hope.  She is an artist and helped me by designing/cutting all of the animals out.  I sewed and stuffed them.  Her and my brother got the tree branch.  My dad's girlfriend, Kim and I strung all of the animals and the chain.  My father and husband found the stud in the ceiling (Neal even put all his weight on it) and hung it very securely in the same fashion he had hung a 100lb kickboxing bag in our garage.  This was a family affair piece!
What is your favorite part of her room?  I'm sure I'll move things and change it up, and it'll never be this clean again, but for the time being, It'll remain my favorite room in the house.  I can't wait to have Braelyn here so she can check it out herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment