Monday, October 8, 2012

Menu Monday 10.8 - 10. 12

This begins another exciting week at the Bratton household!  This will be the first week in 4 weeks that we will both be at the house for the weekend!

Sometimes, I feel like I am always traveling.  That's a strange feeling when you work from home. :)  I am sure you have felt that way before.  Every week you stay busy working, and when Friday rolls around, you need to be packed up and ready to hop in the car for a long drive.  When you work from home, 20 minutes feels like a long drive! (Natalie, I am positive you can relate to this feeling even more than I!)

I am loving that it is now fall and I can be bundled up in cozy sweaters, boots, and leggings!  As I write to you today, I am wearing a cozy & chunky cable knit sweater dress I bought on sale from Victoria's Secret last year with my favorite boots and brown leggings!

Ok, so my husband admittedly doesn't take the best pictures and didn't realize the full effect of the outfit enough to get the boots in the first one...

...so we had picture two, and Sasha wanted to join.  I am pretty sure she is 1. a diva and 2. protective of her food and thinks I am about to take the little red bowl away.

Yes, the boots are adorable so they got their picture taken twice!
 

Now, enough of my cute fall outfit...time for the meals:

Meal 1 - Broccoli and Shrimp Alfredo
1/2 T Olive Oil
2 t garlic
1.5- 2 cup broccoli
8oz of Shrimp
1.5 C Penne Pasta (uncooked)
these amounts are not always exact as I sometimes make more or less depending on if we are very hungry and if we want leftovers.


To make:  Cook your pasta according to package directions.  Thaw and cook your shrimp according to package directions, or get yummy fresh shrimp and cook.  With your skillet already at medium heat add olive oil, garlic, broccoli crowns and your shrimp.  Saute for a few minutes, or until warmed and flavors are saturated. 

Easy Alfredo Sauce
Low to Medium heated saucepan, combine the following:
1/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 -1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
THAT's IT!


Meal 2 - Balsamic and honey glazed salmon with stir fry vegetables.

This one is easy-peasy.  I mix about 2 T of balsamic with 2 T honey by shaking it together in a small jar with a lid.  I spread that onto salmon, pop it in the oven at 450 degrees for 10-14 minutes, thickness pending.  Then, I take frozen stir fry veggies and cook them according to package directions. 

Like I said, easy-peasy!

Meal 3 - My award winning White Chicken Chili!

Ok, so actually this is a Bush's beans recipe, not my own.  However, in my sorority days I use this base recipe to make a massive batch of chili for a chili competition, and it won the "Most Unique Chili" award.

I use the recipe found here and add in an extra can of chopped green chilies and about 1/4 a cup of salsa.  I cool mine down with sour cream and Neal spices his up more with more salsa.

Meal 4 - Mushroom soup with caramelized onions.  I saw this delicious meal from a link in Pinterest.  We had this last week, and it was so good, we are making it again.  With it, we had goat and mozzarella grilled cheese sandwiches - TO DIE FOR!  Simply make a grilled cheese as usual, but substitute it with the goat and mozzarella instead of your normal American or Cheddar cheese. 

Grilled cheese tip:  we put 1/2 T of butter into a pan that's heated on medium, let that melt a little and then add in our un-buttered bread & cheese sandwich.  I let that cook a little until crispy, add another 1/2 T of butter, and crisp up the other side. 

I hope you enjoy every meal you cook this week!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you know I can relate! Luckily, Chase does more traveling during football season. But I'm out this weekend. I've been looking for a great chili recipe for work's Chili Cook-Off at the end of the month! :) Maybe I'll use yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's delicious, you should totally use it! I also have a good one that has cocoa in it if you want to try that one!

      Delete