Wednesday, March 6, 2013

'Thin' Mint Smoothie

Busy, busy, busy.  I have been overwhelmed this month!  Work, Etsy orders, half marathon training, tile back splash, custom orders for Etsy, more work, finding time to spend with my husband...it's all just piling in on me!

However, today I had one amazing moment of bliss in the middle of a chaotic work schedule.  I wanted a smoothie, so I whipped up what I thought would satisfy my never ending sweet tooth.  A 'Thin' Mint Smoothie!


WOW!  It's so good and so tasty, you seriously wouldn't know it was healthy if you didn't put it together yourself.  I felt like a kid at the fair getting an ice cream cone treat!

So to make this post short, simple, sweet & to the point, here's the recipe!
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 T cocoa powder
  • 1/8 t mint extract (or ~ real mint leaves)
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • 1 serving Vanilla #PerfectFit Protein (or another protein)
  • Enough unsweet vanilla almond milk to get things moving (1 - 1.5 cups) 
After blending that, toss in 2 T carob chips and blend slightly so they are still a little thicker (like a crumbly cookie). Serve and enjoy! 
 
Let me know if you try this!  I am off to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment