Thursday, September 1, 2016

Healthy Protein Treats!!!

I get asked a lot about my smoothie bowls and energy bites, so I want to share with you here these tasty treats and how to make them - and impress a crowd in the process!!!

So why is protein important for our body?  Whenever we have protein in our morning we feel more energized by the afternoon, so this is awesome post AM workout! It's going to help your body recover which will give you lean muscle, increase your metabolism, and help you with your energy and keep that blood sugar level dipping with those hunger pains in the afternoon.😬 💪Not an early morning worker-outer or feeling that midday crash? Sometimes in the afternoon, we need that pick me up, I can't really handle caffeine in th afternoon so this is an amazing substitute for me if I didn't have it post AM workout!

Each time I serve these energy bites, they are a true crowd pleaser




















Energy Bites
●1 Cup natural peanut or almond butter●3/4 cup oats●1/4 cup honey●1 scoop chocolate or cafe latte shakeology--->Simply mix and roll into balls.  Put in fridge for 30 minutes before serving
***Optional Mix in's***●Chopped nuts or shredded coconut (unsweetened)●Dark chocolate (cocao)●Dried fruit (shown in second photo is raspberry)
Another go to of mine is this recipe for an energy bar - oh my goodness it's Cake Batter <3 http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/26/cake-batter-energy-bars/

My MAIN go to in the afternoon is a smoothie bowl, and this one is kinda my favorite!
 ☕Coffee Smoothie Bowl  ☕
●3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk●1/4 cup chilled coffee (decaf for me post noon!)●2 ice cubes of vanilla almond milk●1/2 frozen banana (for creamyness)●1 scoop cafe latte Shakeology
Toppings:●Shredded coconut ●Slivered almonds●Dark chocolate If you're following the 21 Day Fix, your Containers are: 1Y, 1P, 1R and 1O ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~

So why Shakeology? It's non GMO, gluten free, and whole foods nutrition. No artificial colors or flavors.  The ingredients are sourced from remote locations more free of pollutants and harmful chemicals.  It has personally helped me with my energy (I used to drink 4 cups of coffee a day) and my sweets tooth!  It's full of dense nutrition that tells the body, I have what I need now shed the rest. Plus during pregnancy, I was approved to have it in place of my prenatal, so hello, I'll take chocolate or coffee instead of something to remember to swallow!

What's a favorite energy bite or smoothie bowl you have tried?! I'm looking for new recipes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment