After finishing my workout, Neal & I spent time with your friends who came in to celebrate NYE from Wisconsin. Their little girl is just adorable and likes to pull Walden around the house.
It took me more time than normal to get to making my post as I was playing with this sweet little girl and her baby brother. I love them :) Now I have proof that working from home with my own babies one day would be a challenge!
For those interested in doing a quick workout today, you can follow the below workout.
I compiled my own lower body & core moves after browsing a few different routines.
Walk Out – Works Core
· Stand with feet hip width apart and then bend at your hips. While keeping your feet in place, walk hands out to plank position. Hold for 10 seconds and walk your hands back into your feet, rising up to standing. 10 Reps.
Jump Squat to Lung – Works Legs & Butt
· Stand with feet shoulder distance apart. Squat and then jump into a lunge with your right leg forward. Jump back up and into a Squat, then jump once more to land in a lunge with your left leg forward. That’s one rep, squat again to do 10 reps.
Side Plank Dip – Works Core
· Get into side plank position with your left elbow and forearm bent and on the ground, or for a bigger challenge with just your palm on the ground under your face. Place your right hand on your hip and lower your left hip to the floor; return to starting position. Do 15 reps and switch side to complete the set.
Leg Lift Series- Works Butt & Legs
· Lie on your left side with your left leg straight out, your left hand behind your head and your right hand on the floor, stabilizing your body. Bend your right knee and touch the floor in front of your left thigh, then kick back your right left diagonally behind you. Return to starting position and repeat 15 times.
· Next place the ball of your right foot on the floor behind your left knee and with your left leg extended, pulse it up about a foot and lower to starting position. Do 15 reps
· Repeat with opposite to complete the set.
Toe Bridge - Works Butt, Legs & Core
· Get in bridge position: lying face up with knees bent and your balls of feet on the floor, your keels close to your butt. With your arms extended at your side, palms on the floor, lift hips until your body forms a straight line from knees to shoulders. Lower to starting position. Do 10 reps while keeping your heels raised the entire time.
Exercise Ball Tuck – Works Core, Shoulders, Butt & Legs
· Get into a plank position with your shins on your exercise ball. Pull your knees toward your chest with the ball rolling forward. Extend your body back to the starting position. Do 12-20 reps.
Bicycle with Long Legs – Works Core
· Like on back with your legs extended and your hands behind your head. Bicycle crunch with your legs still extended: left leg lowers to the floor as your rotate to the right bringing your left elbow toward your right knee. Repeat on opposite side. Do 20 reps alternating sides.
Heel Toe Tap – Works Butt
· Get on all fours with your shoulders over your wrists and your hips over your knees. Extend your right leg at hip height beside you, placing the heel of your foot on a chair. Quickly rotate your right leg forward so your heel is on the seat and your toes are pointing forward. Continue for 30 seconds and then switch sides to complete the set.
Don't forget to stretch! I do one legged hamstring stretches, a butt stretch and some standing side stretches.
I hope you have a great New Years! What are your plans?