Saturday, March 17, 2012

Juicy Steak Topped w/ Caramelized Onions & Mushrooms

I recently learned how to make caramelized onions...you just cook them slowly on a low heat with a little salt and a little oil...(I added honey for sweetness) super easy.  Only thing, is you need patience.

So for dinner...my husband had some really yummy NY strip from the Fresh Market that he grilled  so lovely for us.

I stayed indoors and  attempted my creation of caramelized onions and then sauteed them with fresh mushrooms! 


Ingredients
Steak (we used NY Strip from Fresh Market)
Mushrooms
Onions
Salt
Olive Oil (extra virgin/not pictured)
Honey
Pepper to taste
Parmigano Regiano (Parmesan cheese)

don't forget a veggie or other side dish - microwave steamed broccoli was just perfect for us!
To make the caramelized onions, I started by heating a pan on low/medium and adding a "swirl" of extra virgin olive oil



Then I cut my onion into strips and added that to the EVVO.  I added about a tablespoon of honey (best ingredient choice!), a little salt and pepper for seasoning and cooked for about 20 min on low:

Then I sliced my mushrooms and added them to the onions:
  

 To top it all off, I chunked some fresh parmigano regiano (Parmesan cheese) and served with steamed broccoli.

Dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment