Monday, June 10, 2013

Healthy Meatloaf? Weekly Meal Planning

Hello!  I made it a goal to post at Lively Happenings blog at least 3 times a week more times than I can count!  I always say I'm going to do it, but of course my IT job needs to be done and later I work on Lively Happenings jewelry!  You know people just like me...the constant 'overachievers', ehh umm maybe I just called you out :) 

It seems I will be getting even a little busier soon...I'm going to start working at one of my favorite little shops on a few Saturdays each month, Busy Beedz!  I'm so excited that Alex, the owner asked me to join her team while she and her husband begin to start a family.  I'm sure I will learn a lot about making jewelry, find a fascination for new beads, and finally be doing something were I talk to people face to face, not just on the phone (yep still working the IT job from home).

However, when I am busiest, I am most organized.  Thus, I'm back to posting my weekly dinner plans!  I try to provide links or my own recipes for most of these delicious at home meals.  Since it's just Neal and myself, nearly every time we make dinner, we both get a delicious meal for lunch the next day!  BONUS!

This week's meals:

Healthy Meatloaf - Turkey and Spinach Meat Loaf
Served with Cauliflower and potato mash as was as braised greens with onion and sun-dried tomatoes.  Well, yea I have to leave the tomatoes out...allergies.
Here's your links:
     Meat Loaf
     Braised Greens
     Cauliflower and Potato Mash
  • Chunk/cube 1 potato, 2 cups of chopped cauliflower, & 4 garlic cloves into a large pot. 
  • Cover mix with water and boil for 25 minutes.
  • Drain.
  • Add in a little milk and about 1 T butter
  • Mash & Enjoy!  (add more milk if needed)
    • top with fresh chives, mmmm!

Chicken Fajitas - Serves 4
Marinate your Chicken
  • 1.5lbs chicken
  • 1 t Cumin
  • 2 t Chili Powder
  • 1 t Paprika
  • Dash of Salt
  • Garlic, minced - to your taste (more is better in my opinion!)
  • 1 T Olive Oil
  • Drop of Liquid Smoke
  • 2oz Lime Juice - squeeze to your taste
Cut your veggies
  • 1 Green Pepper, sliced
  • 1 Onion, sliced
  • Optional:  Mushrooms, Tomato, any other veggies your heart desires!
To Cook
  • Put a skillet on Medium heat, add in your chicken.  While your chicken cooks, add in a little Creole seasoning for even more flavor. 
  • Once chicken is cooked, add in your veggies and cook for another 3-5 minutes
  • Serve with your toppings of choice on a whole wheat tortilla, collard green, or brown rice tortilla!
Fresh Burgers
I have been trying to be more natural & caring about the environment with so many things, and now I am finally buying meat when I can from local farmers with grass fed cows. 

Neal makes THE BEST BURGERS EVER!  Seriously, no other burger compares.  He puts garlic spices, salt, pepper, oats, siracha sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.  He never measures the ingredients, instead just going by what he 'feels' is the right amount.  These always turn out delicious!

I like to have goat cheese and avocado on my burger.  Then I have a side of carrots and chips.  Currently, I'm obsessed with Terra veggie chips!!!

Cajun Shrimp with Veggie Medley
Sorry, can't share this recipe with you!  It's part of the Tone it Up Nutrition Plan.  I love this plan, there's lots of great nutritional information and tasty meals.  Check it out here.

That's it!  Enjoy your Monday ya'll!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment