Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Workout Wednesday & Bad Memory

Neal nor I wanted to be the first one to take a shower this morning as we both laid in bed while our alarms kept ringing.  He assumed I would be up and at 'em as I had been doing consistently for the last week.  I said, "No, I just want to sleep today!"  How long did that last?  Only another 5 minutes until Walden's head stayed firmly planted to the right of my sluggish body on the bed, letting out little whimpers every 3-5 seconds.  Sasha sat like a princess at the bedroom door awaiting her butler (me) to open it for her, she too was whimpering every 3-5 seconds.  I suppose there is no sleep to be had. 

Instead of getting ready for the day by cleaning myself up, putting away drying dishes and starting breakfast, all a part of my usual routine, I worked out!  I opened up an email from the Tone it Up girls from their Holiday Hottie series I signed up for a week or so ago, and I began the Fine Toning Arm Routine.  After 10 minutes, I realized I was done with the AM workout (these were actually yesterday's workouts, but I worked almost 11 hours yesterday and decided not to work out...who can blame me). 

I really like the Fine Toning Arm Routine, it would be great paired with a run, but it's frickin' cold outside and I don't run in the cold & I especially don't run in the dark!  After all, it's not even 6 am!  So I decided I would do the PM workout they posted yesterday, the Goddess WorkoutThe Goddess Workout is sorta like a power yoga without all the asanas and meditative movements.  You power through the moves, though they aren't all linked together.  Somewhere between Warrior 2 Lunge and Warrior 3 Fine Toning on my second round, I remembered that I was planning on going to Hot Yoga tonight on a guest pass!  "Oiy Vey!  Why do I do this to myself?  My memory sucks!"  Those were the thoughts running through my mind as I pushed myself to complete the 2nd round of the TIU Goddess Workout.  Tonight will feel like a new day after I work, and I will push through my first ever HOT YOGA class!  Pray for me :)



By the way, did you see the list of November Workouts?  I try to update it every day so you can see the workout I am doing.  I try to include links or details so you too can try the workout!

Question of the day
Have you ever done Hot Yoga?  If so, any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment