Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

Thank you to all our Veterans for your dedication to this wonderful country I call home!
Mom, Dad, Kim L., Michael F., Cameron J., Josh L., Ryan B., Jason B., Conner E., Danny P., Grandaddy Bratton, Scott D. and many many more, thank you for all that you have done and all the sacrifices you and your family have made!

Today is absolutely one of my favorite holidays!  I love the Google logo right now!

This morning, was absolutely one of my least favorite mornings…

5am: Wake-up call by the one and only puppy, Walden.  Take him potty, put him and Sasha in the bed so they will sleep some more.

7am: Puppies are awake and ready for breakfast. Walden scarfs down his food as Neal and I relax on the couch…RING….RING….RING…RING – Walden is ringing his jingle bells and wants needs to go out, Out, OUT!

7:15am:  Can’t rest on couch, so we make a bowl of Multigrain Cheerios with strawberries as we watch a few episodes of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and my favorite, Good Morning America.  Every 30 minutes, RING! RING! OUT! OUT!  So out we go. 

8:45am:  Finally Walden seems to have eaten and gotten all his outside business taken care of…Neal and I decide to take a nap, closing the bedroom so the dogs are out of the room.  Three phone calls later it’s 9:15am and I think I am home free!  Nap time here I come! 

9:15-10am: Puppy noises in our hallway…Dribble drip dribble.  Whine, whine!  Calm down for about 20 minutes.  Whine, whine, paw at the door.  Calm down for another 20 minutes.  Whine and scratch the hallway and the door with my space cone (Walden is still in the cone for his broken paw).  We decide no more sleep is to be had and open the door.

10am-10:10am:   That dribble drip dribble I heard turned out to be a HUGE pile of dog pee on the carpet in the hall outside our bedroom door.  SERIOUSLY!?  I took you out 10 minutes before I closed you out of the bedroom!  And three times before that!  So I clean up the dog pee.

10:10am:  Hungry again.  To lighten the mood, I make one of Neal’s favorites delicious cinnamon cream Neufchâtel cheese for our bagel thins topped with fruit.  Ahh, finally the morning seems off to a good start.  Time to digest and go to the gym!
Cinnamon cream Neufchâtel Cheese Bagel
1 oz Neufchâtel cheese, softened
 ½ teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Blueberries
Raspberries
 2 pinches of shredded sweetened or unsweetened coconut

Combine your Neufchâtel cheese, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl with a knife.  Toast your bagel, spread your Cinnamon Neufchâtel cheese, top with your fruit and coconut!

Enjoy!

Happy 4th of July Ya’ll!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment