Thursday, June 28, 2012

Brownie Pie & PB Greek Yogurt Frosting

Since Walden broke his paw, life has actually been a little easier. We realized with the big cone on his head, we call it his space helmet; he can't get into as much mischief while we are out of the house. Walden has been known to take apart our baking goods in the pantry and spread the flour over the living room floor, drooling 2 towels worth if he's crated, and take drying dishes from the counter and rearrange them into broken pieces on the floor. He's such a cute dog.... However, since the 'cone' aka space helmet, he hadn't appeared to be getting into anything, until last night.

Neal and I enjoyed a nice workout at the gym in preparation for our Teton climb in a few weeks. We were excited to clean up and go to a friend’s house for dinner. I had dessert ready. I baked a lovely loaf of banana bread, and I couldn't wait to share it with my friends. As I walked into the kitchen I saw our banana bread on the floor and partially gnawed, the plate shattered! OH NO! WALDEN! What happened to our well-behaved spaceman!?

It's time for plan B, aka when in a pinch make Brownies.

I didn't want to make just any brownies; I wanted something special, so I put it in a pie pan, added walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips.

This is the recipe I followed. I recommend adding more cocoa than called for and maybe even a little more butter even though it's not healthy.

I thought that I was going to be done, until I realized I had a hankering for peanut butter. What did I do? I added a peanut butter frosting to my brownies, of course!  Thus making my Brownie Pie with Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Frosting!


Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Frosting

2/3 cup natural honey peanut butter

8 oz. plain or vanilla Greek yogurt

2 tablespoons of butter

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend it all together with a hand mixer and you have the MOST DELICIOUS topping for your brownies!


While I was disappointed we didn't get to have my yummy banana bread, I think the lovely 'brownie pie' made for a delicious dessert!

Let me know what you think if you try my PB Greek Yogurt Frosting!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment