Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Festive Holiday Nails!

We all browse Pinterest and find our favorite things and pin them SWEARING we will try it, and half the time we never do, but this time I did!  I saw a beautiful picture of super cute holiday nails and had to give it a try! 

Here's my results!

My Instagram Post the Day after :) @LivelyHappening

I wanted a 'pen' instead of the old paint and toothpick to see if I liked it any better.  I went off to Walmart and found the Nailene White French Tip Pen for just under $5 and thought I'd give it a go! 

If you've ever had any of those painters pens, this is super similar.  You shake the pen and then press down until the felt tip is filled with paint and have a go! 

First, I gathered my supplies and painted my nails a shimmering red (Frankly Scarlet 745 from Revlon).  I topped them with Essie's "Good to Go" to help them dry faster, and then got to creating!  My husband had to help me with part of my right hand.  When we were finished creating my design, I topped them all with Revlon's Matte Top Coat (790). 

It took me nearly 30 minutes to finish all of this, which is a really long time just to paint your own nails in my opinion, but I think the outcome was worth it!

 
 
All in all, I think this Nailene pen was a decent purchase, especially if I French tip my nails in the future!  For the little details I wanted though, I should have probably gone with the good ol' paint and toothpick!

Happy Holiday's ya'll!  Are you doing anything festive with your style?

No comments:

Post a Comment