On April 6th, I ran the Southern Indiana Classic Half Marathon in 1:45:36 (yes, that's 1 hour and 45 min!). I did amazing in the race and took home 1st place in my age group! At first, we thought I had gotten 2nd in my age group, but the woman who beat me actually placed 3rd overall, so that bumped me to first! Woot woot!
After the 1/2 marathon, my knees were sore, but I felt pretty freaking awesome. I iced them and had already planned on taking the week off.
I was supposed to run the USI Spring into Fitness10K the next Saturday, one week after the race, but when I went to do a test jog after taking the week off on Friday night, my foot screamed in pain. Or maybe that was me screaming that my foot was in pain? :) I knew something was wrong and I shouldn't risk running in the race the next day. Needless to say, I went and picked up my t-shirt anyways. Yes, I am obsessed with race shirts and awards. It still makes me sad that I didn't run, because I really think I could have placed if I was 100%, and that would mean I would have placed in all 3 USI Running Series Races.
My foot continued to be in pain, so I finally called my family doctor to ask if I needed to be seen. He scheduled me an appointment. At that appointment (18 days after the race), he told me that he believed I had a 5th metatarsal stress fracture and that we would first have to take an X-ray, which he didn't think would show results. He said we had to do the x-ray first for insurance purposes and just in case it did show something more serious. After an x-ray, he said we could do an MRI. I am too practical. If it feels like a stress fracture, then it probably is a stress fracture. The x-ray results, like he suspected, didn't show anything, and I wasn't about to pay for an MRI. My doctor said that was fine and put me in a walking shoe.
Monday, April 29
- Biker Babes, I did a mini version of this outdoor with my hubby!
Tuesday, April 30
- 3 rounds of the Sun Seeker Workout, and my foot start to hurt badly again.
- My foot hasn't been feeling so great.
- We have been painting our new rental home every day after work, so that's my exercise
- AM Workout = Itty Bitty from TIU, one of Karena's arm workouts, and some of Katrina's deadlifts to work on that booty
- Deadlifts throughout the day when I passed by the weights (about 5 total sets!)
- PM Workout = Painting the rental house!
Tuesday, May 7th
- Painting the house again
- PM Workout = at the gym with Neal doing some back and bicep weight training moves
- Wide Grip Front Pull Ups, 3 sets
- Regular Pull Ups, 3 sets
- Weighted Row, 3 sets
- Some back machine I hadn't used before that targeted all the muscles back there! 3 sets
- Machine bicep curls, 2 sets
- Cohen bicep curls, 1 set
- Incline bicep curls, 1 set
- AM Workout = 3 rounds of TIU Surfers Paradise Workout (some foot modifications still), an 8ish minute walk with the dogs, and deadlifts.
- PM Biker Babes workout - so fun!
Saturday, May 11
- Grab a Friend and Go Workout from Tone it Up! I was at my dad's house for the weekend, so he got to be my workout buddy!
Wednesday, May 15th
- BCWO was 3 Tone It Up routines! 2xs Sunkiss Abs, the new Bridal Babe workout, & Surfer Girl from TIU Beach Babe DVD
Thursday, May 16th
Monday, May 17th
- Morning walk with the puppies - 30 mins. 1st day of the Beach Babe 5 Day Slimdown! I didn't do my HIIT this morning b/c I really just wanted to walk the dogs.